The purpose of this blog

The intention of the blog is to bring together those that believe in God the Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It is a place to share our personal experiences and feelings to ultimately testify that He is real, that He is aware of each of us and ever watchful in the details of our lives.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How Shane Knows

It is the small and simple things that make such a difference and bring much joy in this life. I recount a simple experience at the age of 11 or 12 years of age. I was sitting on the cold floor of our garage working diligently on my first real job as a young man, newspapers, when an important thought of an assignment that I had yet to complete, came to mind. At that same moment my mother popped out the door and quickly asked me a question. In that fleeting moment, my thoughts were quickly scattered, and I forgot entirely the previous task for which I was pondering upon. Such a frustrating moment. Nevertheless, I returned to my task of folding newspapers. In my moments of frustration and discouragement, I had a thought to attempt to recall the assignment by saying a little prayer. I did so. Just at the conclusion of my prayer, my mother again popped open the door and asked if I needed money or paperwork for school photos the following day. This was the exact task that needed to be accomplished that had burdened my mind. Such a simple thing of no great importance, but it weighed heavy on my mind that I had forgotten the responsibility.

God absolutely cares for his children. This experience was of no coincidence.  Something that I have learned of the relationship between God and his children, us, is that there is little in the way of difference between that relationship and that of our own relationships between father and son or grandchild and grandfather.