The purpose of this blog

The intention of the blog is to bring together those that believe in God the Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It is a place to share our personal experiences and feelings to ultimately testify that He is real, that He is aware of each of us and ever watchful in the details of our lives.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How Sarah Knows

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=95fb1af203&view=att&th=13adb6bd5f63f767&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1417990376926478336-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9M5ShZWTUFP9Ia8fY7K6oX&sadet=1352303207285&sads=iOx6MH1yKJNTsRC3qdkzSdyp4Zc&sadssc=1I have been trying to think of one specific moment when the spirit has touched my heart deeply, and one came to mind immediately and every time after when I have thought about it. When I was 20 years old, I was a little lost in life. I didn't have a great job, no school, no friends near by, nothing. I hadn't really thought about it much, just did my day to day things and that was fine. Well, one Sunday, in our Relief Society meeting, a sister announced that her son lived in Boston, MA and owned a company with a lady who was not LDS, but was seeking to find an honest, nice, loving person to be her nanny and care for their soon to be first child. As she announced that, I had an overwhelming feeling of warmth surround me as the thought came to my mind, "That is you!" I looked at my Mom, who was sitting next to me, and she looked at me at the same time, both with tears forming in our eyes. We both had felt that spirit guiding me to look more into this opportunity.
After church, I approached this sister and talked more with her about the details of this job. She let me know what I would be doing, the type of family I would be living with, where they were located in MA, etc. I told her that I might be interested but I needed to think about it and I would get back to her. That same Sunday, I volunteered to help with the Sacrament meeting for the Apple Tree Assisted Living (an old folks home) later that afternoon. While there, we sang the hymn I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go. Once again, I was overwhelmed by the spirit when I sang the words to that song because I knew that this opportunity to move to Boston and be a nanny was created just for ME. This sister announced it for ME and I needed to listen and GO where the Lord needed me to be at that time in my life! After prayer and talking with my parents, I made the decision, and left a few months later. I loved the family, the job, and the area I lived in. I met lots of new friends there and was very happy with the choices I made to listen to and follow the spirit that I felt so strongly. I KNOW I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and knows the paths I should be taking. I know I can ask Him for guidence whenever I need it and He will help me and love me no matter what! I am so grateful for that knowledge and guidence in my life.