The purpose of this blog

The intention of the blog is to bring together those that believe in God the Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It is a place to share our personal experiences and feelings to ultimately testify that He is real, that He is aware of each of us and ever watchful in the details of our lives.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

How Ryan Knows

As a prelude to this post, I (Ali) just wanted to add some information that may help those unfamiliar with the Mormon faith understand better Ryan's words.  We believe the gift of God to bless (blessings for the sick and afflicted) and perform ordinances (baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and more) has been passed down through the prophets from Christ when He was on the earth and is available to worthy males today.  As Moses laid his hands upon Joshua and gave a charge, so we use the laying on of hands for these things today.  (See Numbers 27:18-23 and Hebrews 5:10) End prelude.
 
As I sat and thought about a specific story that helped me know the truth, many different stories came to mind. Many of them are small examples and some of them are major things that have happened in my life. 
 
Even as a kid I remember feeling good when I was learning about Heavenly Father and Jesus. I enjoyed going to church groing up. There have been many instances in my life when the Holy Ghost has prompted me to do something and I have done it and seen a benefit from doing it. I could probably write many different stories and go on forever about how I know. I won't do that, but here is a small sample of my life experiences and how I know.
 
Being a worthy holder of the Melchezidek Priesthood I have had the opportunity to give many blessings to people that have asked for my help. I remember one time I was participating in a blessing that Benji and I were giving to another family member. Benji and I have given many blessings together over the years, but this one was particularly special. As Benji was acting as the voice of the blessing I was standing with him with my hands on the head of the person whom was receiving the blessing. I was being given the words to the blessing in my mind and seconds later Benji said the exact words that were coming to my mind. I could feel the spirit was with us and I knew that those words were coming from our Heavenly Father. I also caught glimpses in my mind's eye of Heavenly Father standing where Benji was and Jesus Christ standing where I was. I am not saying that we are taking their place or that we are more holy than anybody else. I am just giving an example of a special experience that confirmed my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
Many many other things have happened in my life to help me learn the truth. I think this is due, in part, to the fact that I do not deny the inspirations that come to me from the Holy Ghost. I embrace those special feelings and keep myself open to the fact that I can be a tool in Heavenly Father's plan and help him in any way I can. I am willing to share any other experiences that may help any of you who read this. If you are struggling, pray for help. If you are like me and trying to grow stronger everyday, stay on the path and be strong.