The purpose of this blog

The intention of the blog is to bring together those that believe in God the Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It is a place to share our personal experiences and feelings to ultimately testify that He is real, that He is aware of each of us and ever watchful in the details of our lives.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

How Buddy Knows


John 7:17 says, "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."

To me, this is the foundation of deep, real knowledge. I don't know what Jesus really said that day, but I have felt to infer that a knowledge of God can be gained only through a completely sincere effort at doing his will.

His will is that I love him. That's all. Just love him.

Because of my weakness and fallen nature, I need it broken down a bit more. God has obliged.

I love God when I follow his guidelines exactly. I love him when I love others. I love him when I serve others. I love him when I demonstrate dedication, integrity, and optimism. I love him when I give him credit and when I am humble.

As a direct result of my sincere efforts in doing the above (at some times much better than other times), I have confirmed personally that the blessings promised in the scriptures are real. I have had moments of pure knowledge whose transcendent power and reality I can never forget or deny. God has lighted my soul with a sure witness greater than all else: He lives. He knows and loves me such that he sent his Son to suffer all for me, that I might live, know, and love.


I have proven his will. I know that the doctrine embodied in the life of an otherwise undistinguished Galilean mortal many hundreds of years ago came from the most supreme of beings--the real, Eternal Father of my spirit.