The purpose of this blog

The intention of the blog is to bring together those that believe in God the Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It is a place to share our personal experiences and feelings to ultimately testify that He is real, that He is aware of each of us and ever watchful in the details of our lives.

Monday, September 24, 2012

How Rachael Knows


There are so many that I cannot deny.  Trying to pinpoint one is hard.  The thing that is most prominent in my mind right now is my baby.
From before I conceived, I felt that he was watching over our family...waiting for the right time to make his entrance.  On days where I can hardly smile because I'm sleep deprived and stressed out of my mind, this one month old will smile and talk to me as if to say "It's alright Mom.  Things will be okay."  The warmth and peace a newborn brings is undeniable.  There is a heightened sense of reverence by all who come in contact with them.  A reverence for life.  How they are created is a miracle in and of itself.  Then what they bring into a family-their undeniable personalities.  I have written a detailed description of what I felt each of my babies personalities were like when they were not yet born, or shortly after.  And to this day, they have been right on.  They are incredible individuals with spiritual gifts as well as weaknesses from the beginning.  Often their gifts are within their weaknesses...my oldest son is extra sensitive.  He is so attuned to everyone's needs around him-and worries often about the safety of his little sisters (has nightmares about not being able to protect them)-because of heightened sensitivity, he feels when things are off-in the earth, with storms coming, and with people-and has a great amount of empathy for anyone struggling-also struggles to keep his own anxieties and emotions in check.  His capacity to love others is amazing, and there is no limit he won't go to be sure his sisters are happy and taken care of.  These children who have been sent to me are straight from a loving Father in Heaven who has placed them in my care (unbelievable...).  And I learn from them all the time.  They say things at times that are way beyond their years- their intelligence is not of this world.  I know that.

Another example is when my daughter had just been born.  I had been going back and forth in my mind wondering if I had made the right decision in naming her that.  My husband wanted to name our first daughter after his Grandmother who had passed away some years before (they had a special connection).  I wasn't confident in the name itself, but I understood his sentiment, and thought it wouldn't hurt to name my daughter after a great lady.

But I was still regretting not giving more of a fight for perhaps a name I wanted.  When Ginnie was a couple days old, and asleep in her bassinet, I was startled out of a deep sleep.  At first I was scared, but soon my feeling turned to one of peace.  I sensed that a glorious being was standing at the foot of Ginnie's bassinet.  I felt who she was- a beautiful and glorious woman-someone that I can't describe very well.  Later on, I realized that it was my husband's Grandmother-coming to visit her name's sake.

I recalled my husband telling me the story of when his Grandmother first got sick when he was seven years old-him being worried that she would never meet his children.  She reassured him she would.  Perhaps this was her way of showing him she kept her promise.